Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day Two: Back to Bluegrass

January 15, 2010


Because we’d driven half way on Thursday, Friday’s drive was less than five hours and relatively easy.




The boys were quite happy with their headphones and DVDs. Katya did finally discover her nesting area behind Ethan’s seat and slept most of the drive.




Mark munching on almonds- his favorite trail food.

We reached Nana’s (Mark’s mom) house in time for a late lunch. The boys spent the afternoon tearing apart the upstairs- which is now empty since Holly and Chris moved to their new house. Tami and Todd came over. The “big kids” got out of school and were dropped off as well, so we had the typically full house. The boys ran everyone ragged while I did laundry and Mark teased his sisters. So- a typical family visit!

After dinner I was standing in the dining room after clearing the table. Mark asked me, out of the blue, what I thought about his Mom’s china cabinet. Huh? Then his Mom and sisters walked around the corner with a birthday cake.

My first ever surprise party! I was, I AM, overwhelmed by the love and effort it took for them all to take time out of their day to do something so special for me. It means the world to have in-laws who are so very much family.


Ethan liked the cake!

After the party we drove to Chris and Holly’s new house in Junction City. It’s a wonderful house and the perfect size for their family. Holly has already been decorating. I told her I was in love with her kitchen and considered taking it with me- except nothing more would fit in the van.

While at Holly’s Mark and I took the time to check our email and post on Facebook. We had to have our internet fix. Ethan spent the whole time showing off his Wii resort skills. Computer withdrawal is an ugly thing!

The end of day two found us back at Nana’s house, curled up in our beds and passed out from exhaustion.

No comments: