Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Six: There’s no place like Ed’s

January 19th, 2010

Mark’s dad Ed and his wife Sandy have a beautiful house on the outskirts of Wichita. The fenced backyard overlooks a large pond- which was frozen solid. We had a good laugh watching the Canadian geese land on the lake and slide around like drunken figure skaters. The wind was sharp enough on Tuesday to blow away most of the fog but it left us bitterly cold.

Thanks to Ed’s high speed internet, Mark and I got our email and Facebook fix. It’s HARD being disconnected from the virtual world, especially when you’ve spent the past nine years plugged in nearly non-stop.

It was far too cold for the boys to run around inside. We found a McDonalds with a large indoor playground and let them run themselves ragged.


Mark, Ed and Sandy went out that night to see “Book of Eli” while I stayed home with my headache and the boys. The boys were exhausted from running all over Ed’s house and the playground. They passed out very quickly, as did Katya.

I spent the rest of the evening watching election coverage of the Massachusetts special election and gloating with Facebook friends over the Republican victory.
I also finished Lauren Willig’s new book “The Betrayal of the Bloodlilly”. I didn’t want it to end!

I hope that having Ed and Sandy closer means we get to see them more often. The boys love playing with their Papaw.

No comments: