Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother’s Day and Birthday Round Up

Mark came home last Friday and asked if I wanted to go see IronMan 2 on Saturday. I gave him “the look” and reminded him that we didn’t have a babysitter. He informed me, quite smugly, that he had arranged for a babysitter for the afternoon! Tricksy husbands!

So, on Saturday afternoon, Mark and I went to the movies and a late lunch/early dinner while the boys enjoyed the company of Kelsie, a student at CU who came highly recommended for her “kid skills”.

Before we did all that, though, we drove around town for the town-wide yard sale. We were looking specifically for a bike (for Ethan) and furniture we could use in the new house. We didn’t see much in the way of furniture, but we did find a bike for only $20.

Sunday we took the boys to the school and let them ride their bikes and play on the playground. We had a picnic lunch, then Mark and I lay on a bench and watched the boys run off a wee bit of their massive energy stores. We forgot to wear sunscreen- we both got more than a little pink. Oops!


Ethan on his new bike


Ian seems skeptical.

Here are a few pictures from Ian’s birthday party on Tuesday night:




No comments: