Monday, May 24, 2010

Closed!

We closed on the house this morning at 9am. Well, actually, we close around 10:30am, because it wouldn’t be THIS house deal with out some last minute drama.

The boys and I spent the afternoon at the new place, testing out paint colors, doing a bit of initial cleaning and playing tag. Ok, the boys played tag, I tried not to worry about them doing headers down the steps. We were there a bare five minutes when Ethan spilled his chocolate milkshake down the basement steps. Off-white carpet and two boys, yeah this won’t last long!

Thankfully the carpet cleaners will be at the house tomorrow morning to clean all the carpets. The previous owner had a cat, so having the carpets cleaned is a real priority.

The painters come on Wednesday, along with the siding repair company, and the cable company. I’ll be cleaning and painting most of the week. Our furniture, that we bought this weekend, doesn’t arrive until mid-June. I’m also considering buying a new fridge before we move in.

We move in on Sunday!



These are the colors I’m considering for the kitchen and upstairs living room. The top color is for the contrast wall around the fireplace. The kitchen will, eventually, have a glass tile backsplash in sea greens and aquas. It has white cabinets with black granite countertops.


These are some of the colors we were thinking of using for the dining room, foyer and office (It’s all one huge open space.) We might actually go with an even lighter shade of blue gray and then use the blue on the far left for the contrast wall.


These are the two colors I was trying out for the boys’ room. I have decided to use the one on the left.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you all. It's a lot of work but an exciting time in your family's life. I can't to see it.