Today my neighbor Amy invited us over for lunch. Isn’t her name grand? The how-can- a-former-political-aide-be-so-bad-at-remembering-names part of me is SO glad that the woman who lives next door is named Amy and that she named her daughter Lena. It’s good karma, apparently because I can even remember her boys’ names and her husband’s name too!
Anyway, we had hamburgers and hot dogs, chips, grapes, apples, and most of all.. adult conversation. Granted it was often interrupted by two little boys and a little girl with various questions along the lines of: “Can I have water please? Make this hot, please? What is your name again?” and so on, but ...real conversation! With a live person! Who isn’t selling replacement windows!
Amy has this wonderful quality about her. She makes me relax even though I should be worrying about what Ethan is breaking, or if he has stabbed Lena in the eye, yet. I let him play, out of sight, for nearly 2 hours and didn’t have a nervous breakdown.
Progress.
Oh, and Ian? He charmed her and didn’t puke on her at all. Traitorous spawn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment