Yes, I still have two sons. I apologize profusely for posting solely about Ian, though there was that day I posted about the grapes and the day I mentioned the self-induced black-eye-via-own-knee. I do actually pay attention to that other small representation of my husband. Seriously, if it weren’t for the eyes you’d have a hard time convincing me that Ethan is REALLY mine. (Well, the eyes and the hazy memory of 9 weeks of pre-term labor followed by 17 hours of labor.)
Ethan is 3.5 years old now. He’s not at the stage where that half a year is deathly important to him; the stage where those 6-11 extra months are all important information that must be emphasized repeatedly to complete strangers. That half a year is only important to me, and only because I delight in making myself feel that much older. It also comes in handy when reminding him that he is almost 4 and therefore really needs to get the hang of potty training. Like, now.
Besides the stubborn refusal to acknowledge control over his bodily functions, Ethan is a joy. He loves to paint. The other day I peered quizzically at his latest creation. It looked like aqua and pink blobs. “What’s this buddy?” He glanced over his shoulder, gave me a Magnum P.I.- esque shrug and declared “I don’t know”.
Ooook
He's certifiably bored being home with me all day. He watches too much TV and doesn’t spend enough time outside stabbing small beetles with sticks. I could blame the sleep deprivation and laziness on my part, but, in truth, I just suck at entertaining a 3.5 year old person.
Oh, and the title? That’s a direct quote from Ethan. He wandered into the office where I was trying desperately to write and nurse Ian (so much for an entire post not about Ian) and declared: “I’m hungry.”
“Ok boo, what would you like to eat?”
Cornflower blue eyes stared back at me and a solemn little voice said “How about broccoli?”
Must be doing something right…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
LOL, yep, you're surely doing something right if he's asking for broccoli. As for trying to entertain a 3.5 year old all day? Well, you have my sympathies on that one!
Post a Comment