First we woke up, got dressed and took my car to the mechanic (which, sadly, Ethan now says very precisely). Then we drove home in Daddy’s car and waved bye-bye when he went to work. Well, Ethan and I waved, Ian mostly looked confused.
Then we had blueberry waffles and Apple Jacks while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Bellies full of carbs, we retreated to our clubhouse a.k.a Ethan’s room. While Ian methodically removed, examined, and replaced all of the kitchen items from their toy-kitchen cubbyholes, Ethan and I lounged on his bed and chatted. Bored with discussions of school, birthday parties, and doctor’s visits, he decided it was time to fish.
First he caught a shark, but decided not to eat it because it was a nice shark. Then he caught a really tiny fish. I told him really tiny fish were called minnows. He said that was a nice name and invited the minnow to live with him in the bed. Then he asked if he could catch a squid. I told him I thought we could, but what would we do with it? When I told him that Daddy ate squid, called calamari, Ethan gave me that look that seems to say “Lay off the crack, Mamma.”
He ended up not catching the squid because he dropped his fishing pole (which, by the way, was a toy necklace with the clasp undone) in the squid infested waters. But not to worry, he had a submarine handy. Alas, the fishing pole never did get rescued because Ethan was distracted by Ian trying to gnaw off black Batman’s head.
And that’s how we spent our morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment