In college, right before Christmas, I stepped into an elevator filled with history and philosophy professors. Most of them knew me, because I was that annoying girl in class who interjected with actual debate of their theories. Professors hate that. Anyway, one professor noticed my earrings that were fashioned from Christmas tree light bulbs. He asked. “Do those light up?”
I grinned and replied “Only in moments of spiritual epiphany”.
There was a moment of stunned silence and then five middle aged men burst into raucous laughter.
I should be wearing those earrings today, because, EUREKA; a light has shown on my bleak understanding of the world that is my boys’ psyche. Their short attention spans and complete inability to complete a task or survive more than five seconds without human interaction is inherited.
Relatives reading this may stop chortling right.. about.. NOW.
You Tube is the devil. I’ve had MSWord open most of the morning. Know what I’ve written so far? THIS BLOG ENTRY. That’s it. Now while this might be an amusing diversion or an instrument of your own procrastination, it is not incisive political commentary, amusing children’s fiction, or in the least bit profitable.
I’m going to let Ian chew through the ethernet cables. Maybe without the internet I can get something done. Wait, sounds like Backyardigans is coming on….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment