Well my little man is 6 months old today. Half a year after being born 4 weeks early it’s hard to believe he wasn’t always a part of our lives. Sleep deprivation affects the memory first, it seems.
Ian doesn’t sleep through the night even when he feels well and he hasn’t really felt well in several weeks. Right now he’s battling a, thankfully, weaker version of the flu that the rest of the family has had. He has, though, gotten much better about soothing himself to sleep. Several times recently I have laid him down in his crib when he is just barely dozing or just a little drowsy and come back fifteen minutes later to find him sound asleep.
He still only rolls in one direction, and wow is that ever annoying. He gets stuck on his tummy and rocks back and forth trying to get back on his back, but all he does is make himself mad. There have been times where I have been convinced he’s going to dislocate a shoulder the way he’s contorting. I’m not worried, though. I think he’ll figure it out about the time he’s ready for kindergarten.
Speaking of his unique time schedule, Ian hasn’t started solid food yet. I have tried to give him rice cereal several times. What he doesn’t choke and gag on he spits back at me. I think one time a bit of it did get in his stomach. I think this because when he vomited ten minute s later it was chunkier than normal. Yummy, huh?
No teeth in evidence yet, though he does drool and gnaw on anything he can get his hands on. His eyes are still a unique mixture of green, brown, and blue. He still has the hyper-sensitive skin that breaks out if anything brushes against him. He loves to belly laugh at the Wiggles. Ian’s favorite person in the world, despite what his Daddy says, is his brother Ethan. Ethan is the source of much hilarity in Ian’s world.
Happy 6 month day, little sniggett.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Happy 1/2 birthday Little Man!
Post a Comment