Ethan quickly got bored with the general bedtime stories, so I had to start making my own. Here's one of Ethan's favorites.
Once upon a time there was a big red dragon who wanted to play on the playground with all the kids, but all the kids were afraid of the dragon. They ran away when he flew over them.
Then, one day, a little boy didn't run away. The dragon landed and said "Why aren’t you afraid?"
The boy said "Why should I be afraid? I can't see you. My eyes are broken."
"Oh", said the dragon, for he had never met anyone with broken eyes before.
Then the little boy asked a funny question. “Can I touch your face?”
The dragon was confused. “Why do you want to touch my face?”
“Because that is how I see people. I touch their faces and I can imagine what they look like.”
“Oh, ok, “ said the dragon.
The little boy reached out and touched the dragon’s long face.
“Ooo you have scales like a fish. Are you a fish?” asked the little boy.
“No, I’m not a fish,” said the dragon.
“You have a long tongue like a snake. Are you a snake?”
“Nope, not a snake,” said the dragon.
“You sure are big like an elephant,” said the little boy. “Are you an elephant?”
“No, no, not an elephant.”
Then the little boy gave the dragon a great big HUG.
“What was THAT for?” the dragon asked.
“Well I know you’re not a fish, and I know you’re not a snake, and I know you’re not an elephant, but when I hug you, you feel like a friend. Will you be my friend?”
“Oh YES” said the big red dragon.
“Good,” said the little boy. “Let’s go swing!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
awwwww!!
That is sooooo cute!!!
Tell me another one!
Post a Comment