First I’d like to say that we are assuming Ian has colic based on the assumptions of friends, family and doctors. I was, until last night, happy that he showed no signs of the reflux disease his big brother had. After the screaming and puking of last night, I’m not so sure.
10pm: After being pestered awake by Daddy for several hours, Ian falls into a peaceful sleep in his swing. I put him down in his crib and crawl into my own bed.
Midnight: Ian wakes up hungry. I wake up actually grateful for a mere two hours of uninterrupted sleep in my own bed.
12:30am: Put Ian in his swing to keep him upright a bit longer.
12:45am: He very noisily fills his diaper. In the process of changing his diaper he spits up all over his sleeper. Changing his sleeper wakes him up fully
1:30am: He’s finally back asleep in his crib
1:45am: He’s screaming and grunting in pain
2am: try feeding him again
2am-4am: Long vicious cycle of painful cries, puking, passing gas, filling diapers and generally being miserable (for both of us)
4am: In a fit of severe irritation, I take him into our bedroom and semi-wake up Mark so he gets the joy of hearing the baby gag and cough and puke. Ian rewards me by falling blissfully asleep with barely a belch.
5am: Should have made him burp more. He’s awake, screaming, and VERY unhappy.
5am- 7am: this is all a bit hazy. At some point I gave up the fight and fell asleep in a most uncomfortable position with Ian on my chest whimpering.
For those of you keeping score at home that adds up to: 4 dirty diapers, 2 changes of clothing (and 2 for me), 4 blankets/burp cloths and about 4 hours of sleep ( not consecutive).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment