Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Baking

We signed the sale documents for the house on December 11th. We will be “renting back” until the end of January to give us time to find a new place to live. Given the savings between our rental rate and the mortgage, and the difference in cost of homeowner’s vs renter’s insurance, it is like getting a Christmas bonus!

Today our realtor came to pick up all of the “staging” paraphernalia and I’m officially finished with making sure the boys don’t break anything that isn’t ours! To celebrate I’m starting my Christmas baking. Actually, that’s not entirely true. I made peppermint bark, chocolate covered pretzels, and sugar-free dark chocolate and pecan bark this past week. Now, though, the REAL baking begins!

Christmas treats:

1. peanut brittle
2. bourbon balls
3. triple chocolate mousse cakes (for Christmas dinner)
4. spritz cookies
5. peppermint Yule Log
6. chocolate truffles
7. chocolate mint truffles
8. “Derby Pie” truffles
9. fudge
10. magic cookie bars

Anyone want to volunteer to taste-test? Job requirements include: well regulated blood sugar, “taster stripes”, and ability to tolerate Christmas carols sung extremely off-key.

1 comment:

Rue said...

I'm not sure just what they are, but I think I could use some of those bourbon balls!