My big boy was born six years ago today. He gets a holiday from school thanks to parent-teacher conferences and election day. We had his party on Saturday and it was a rousing success. All of his neighborhood friends, save Austin who came down with an ill-timed case of strep throat, attended. They had Nerf wars across the play area of Burke Lake Park, ate cake, played until exhausted on the playground, and enjoyed the beautiful Fall weather.
Ethan received many “awesome” gifts from his friends and family. As I type this he’s trying to teach his brother how to play “Connect Four” (it’s not going well, but they aren’t fighting so I’m happy). Our living room floor is covered by a massive train track/city/extravaganza thanks to Nana. The dog is confused by all of the new clutter. I sympathize with her, since I tripped over the monster truck three times last night.
Today Ethan and Ian will go visit with “Ms Amy” and her kids while I meet with Ethan’s teacher. Then Amy and I will switch off kids while she goes to her round of conferences. After that we’ll probably all have lunch followed by (hopefully) nap time. Later today Ethan and I have to go buy mix and frosting for the strawberry cupcakes he wants to take to his class.
Ethan is inquisitive. He’s sensitive. He’s tall and gangly. He still has huge cornflower blue eyes with disgustingly long lashes. He looks more like his cousin Dalton every day. He loves playing outside with sticks and balls and bats or just running. He loves playing WAR with his Daddy or showing his little brother how to play Noggin games. He’s learning to read and he’s mastering writing his name. He’s mostly left handed. He drives me crazy when he teases his brother and cracks me up with his wry sense of humour.
He’s my little boy and he’s 6 today.
Ethan received many “awesome” gifts from his friends and family. As I type this he’s trying to teach his brother how to play “Connect Four” (it’s not going well, but they aren’t fighting so I’m happy). Our living room floor is covered by a massive train track/city/extravaganza thanks to Nana. The dog is confused by all of the new clutter. I sympathize with her, since I tripped over the monster truck three times last night.
Today Ethan and Ian will go visit with “Ms Amy” and her kids while I meet with Ethan’s teacher. Then Amy and I will switch off kids while she goes to her round of conferences. After that we’ll probably all have lunch followed by (hopefully) nap time. Later today Ethan and I have to go buy mix and frosting for the strawberry cupcakes he wants to take to his class.
Ethan is inquisitive. He’s sensitive. He’s tall and gangly. He still has huge cornflower blue eyes with disgustingly long lashes. He looks more like his cousin Dalton every day. He loves playing outside with sticks and balls and bats or just running. He loves playing WAR with his Daddy or showing his little brother how to play Noggin games. He’s learning to read and he’s mastering writing his name. He’s mostly left handed. He drives me crazy when he teases his brother and cracks me up with his wry sense of humour.
He’s my little boy and he’s 6 today.
Link for pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redamy/sets/72157608615731310/

No comments:
Post a Comment