Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Best of Two Holidays

Today I got a double treat. Today was Mother’s Day and Ian’s 2nd birthday. It has been a day of presents, cake, ice cream, good friends, singing, Wii games, rainy-day naps, and lots of hugs.

Ethan helped me make Ian’s cake. Ethan also made a very special present for me:


Isn’t it beautiful? He picked the colors and painted them on the heart. Then his teacher fired the heart in a kiln. I have to tell you I’m a weepy sap; I cried when he gave it to me. The boys also gave me, via their Daddy, a new computer game to play.


While the cake was baking Ian and I took a nap. After our nap we all got dressed and cleaned up for Ian’s party. Amy, Steve, Tyler, Alec and Lena came over for Ian’s party. We had cake, ice cream, singing ( which Ian found embarrassing) and lots of laughs.

Ian loves all his gifts. His big brother likes all Ian’s gifts too! Thank you to Nana, Granny, Granddaddy, Aunt Holly and everyone else who sent gifts. A big thanks to Uncle Tom and Aunt Gel who sent Ethan a cool Liverpool soccer- er, football- uniform.

Follow this link for more pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redamy/2483793483/

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I'm glad you had such a nice day, and got such a special present!

I so can't believe that Ian is two!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Ian had a nice birthday. Sorry we couldn't make it!