
Every song that pops up in my playlist has a memory attached.
Little jokes rub a raw chord
The first name in my email address book is his.
Mamma sent me some of his stuff today
Ethan called himself a “lollygagger” yesterday and I cried for ten minutes straight.
Ian tore up half a box of Kleenex two days ago. I needed those.
Today’s been a particularly bad day. I though yesterday was bad. I thought that first night was as bad as it could get.
But as much as I try to move on and get on with life, my little brother’s still gone and it still REALLY HURTS.
Little jokes rub a raw chord
The first name in my email address book is his.
Mamma sent me some of his stuff today
Ethan called himself a “lollygagger” yesterday and I cried for ten minutes straight.
Ian tore up half a box of Kleenex two days ago. I needed those.
Today’s been a particularly bad day. I though yesterday was bad. I thought that first night was as bad as it could get.
But as much as I try to move on and get on with life, my little brother’s still gone and it still REALLY HURTS.

4 comments:
Time, Amy, this takes time.
I wish I could tell you something that would help make this easier for you, but the truth is that there isn't anything.
Just know that I'm thinking of you and I'm here if you need anything.
Shannon is right, Amy. You probably find it impossible to believe that time will make a difference but it will. Things won't be the same as they were before, but it will get better.
Meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with crying. When my Robby was just 5, and feeling very sad, he said to me "mommy, sometimes the tears just come".
The others are right that time makes it easier, but it's never easy, and that's okay too. For now, just let yourself hurt, and let yourself cry, and don't worry about what anyone might think, or what anyone might say. You feel what you feel, as long as you feel it, and don't try to push it away before it's time.
I agree Amy. You life has changed forever & certain things will always be hard. Time will help but it won't be an immediate thing - it will take year(s) and some things may not ever get easier. But, as your other friends said, that's OK. Don't try to shut the pain out. Just cry - i'm here ANY time you need to talk or help with the boys - call me:) I am praying for you - i know you are angry at God right now - I can understand & just remember, so can He - just tell Him - He can help you grieve & heal the pain faster than anything else can - i have tried lots of things. I love you...
Post a Comment