Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ninjas Have Scurvy?

So my ears have been bothering me of late, making my hearing even worse than it normally is. A side effect of this has been trying to teach Ethan to look at me when he's speaking. That hasn't been working so well. Last night was a case in point.

I asked him what he had for snack at school. I was facing one way and he was facing the complete opposite way. I turned around and asked him again, but he still wasn't facing me. Whatever it was he said sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown. So I said "Ethan, look at me, please, and tell me what you had for snack.

This time he was looking at me and I at him, but, his mouth was full. His response sounded like "Mhhhm ninja mumble fruit". Try as I might, this made no sense.

"You had ninja fruit for snack, honey?"

The most frustrated and disgusted look possible for a 5 year old to summon crossed his face. He swallowed and looked at me while enunciating very slowly:
"Mamma. Ninjas. Do. Not. Eat. Fruit. I SAID we had meat and fruit."

Oh.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

LOL. Sounds like something my impatient 5 year old would say!