Monday, December 31, 2007

Food FOR the Soul

Cooking is my therapy right now. I can take some time to be alone with myself, yet not ignore the menfolk. I can concentrate on something I like doing without be assaulted by constant memories of Adrian.

So, for New Years Eve, I’ve been making all of this (ok I didn’t MAKE the wine, Santa put that in my stocking!):

New Years Eve Dinner
Shrimp Cocktail
Horseradish and Garlic Crusted prime rib
(served with pan au jus)
Warm spinach and bacon salad
Roasted rosemary potatoes
Red pepper carrots
Marco Polo bread
Denis Pommier Petit Chablis 2004
Personal chocolate cake


Mark, bless him, is forcing himself to participate in my therapy. He has a rough life.

Happy New Year’s Eve to all. I hope next year is better than this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Amy. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.


Check out our food blog for lots of recipes -- cooking gets quite a few of us through tough times (me included). And let me know if you'd like to be a member of the blog, to post your recipes.