We woke up to no power and WOW was it ever cold in this house when the power finally came back on at 10:30am. Ian didn’t take a morning nap (he’s been acting extra fussy/sick for several days) so it wasn’t a pleasant morning. After lunch he finally gave up and passed out. I took some “me” time and went out to the grocery.
When I got home Ethan and I made some celebratory cupcakes. Ethan is wearing his chef’s ensemble made by Gramma. He really likes it, but is worried that I’m sad because I don’t have a “cooking hat”. I told him I’d try to soldier on in the face of disappointment.
The cupcakes were green, of course.

Then I made steak pies for dinner. Dinner for Mark and I, that is. Ethan had white rice and chicken - proving yet again that he’s more Filipino than Anglo-Celt. I modified the recipe by removing the mushrooms (eew fungus) and instead of making one large, single-crust pie I made 12 smaller “pasties” using Pillsbury ready-made pie crusts and muffin tins. Served it with roasted potatoes. Very yummy. We watched “The Departed” while we ate. I thought it was a very well done movie. Mark didn’t like the ending.

Click here for more pictures of Ethan the chef and the finished meals.
Then I made steak pies for dinner. Dinner for Mark and I, that is. Ethan had white rice and chicken - proving yet again that he’s more Filipino than Anglo-Celt. I modified the recipe by removing the mushrooms (eew fungus) and instead of making one large, single-crust pie I made 12 smaller “pasties” using Pillsbury ready-made pie crusts and muffin tins. Served it with roasted potatoes. Very yummy. We watched “The Departed” while we ate. I thought it was a very well done movie. Mark didn’t like the ending.
Click here for more pictures of Ethan the chef and the finished meals.

No comments:
Post a Comment