Ian Kenneth had his 9 month appointment today. He weighs 20lbs (50%) is supposedly 28inches long (50%) and has a 90th percentile head. I say supposedly on the length because that means that he’s only grown ¼ of an inch in 2.5 months while simultaneously growing out of two different clothing sizes. I’ve measured him at 29.5inches which makes a bit more sense. Either way, he’s growing just fine.
His scrapes and bruises from the crib incident are all gone. He has a bit of dry skin, like everyone else in the house and a slight rash from one of his sleepers irritating his skin.
The only disturbing report is that we’ve been referred to an eye surgeon to have his blocked tear duct evaluated. The words “surgery” and “my baby” should not exist in the same sentence.
Developmentally Ian is still about 6-8 weeks behind on gross motor skills. He cannot crawl, sit unsupported, or pull to a standing position. He has, however, mastered the very important “pincer grasp” with his thumb and forefinger. This is an essential life skill because it means you can pick up Cheerios and feed yourself. The way he pokes down food now, though, he had better learn to walk so he can start running off those calories!
Socially his development is right on track for a 9 month old. He babbles da-da and ma-ma and de-da with an occasional ba-ba thrown in for flavor. He’s not really shy around strangers, but he also doesn’t see a lot of strangers for me to judge his reactions effectively.
He doesn’t sleep through the night. Yeah that sucks. Yeah I’ve pretty much accepted it and moved on with my nocturnal life.
Ian’s favorite foods are: all of them except peaches and carrots. He’ll tolerate peaches but he lets you know he’s unhappy about this disgusting fruit choice. He spits carrots as hard as he can the minute they touch his tongue. Truthfully, I’ve given up on the carrots. I was tired of wearing them. He eats about four stage 2 jars of food a day, which is A LOT. I’ve had to become a bit more frugal and start mashing up my own fruits and veggies because the price of a jar of bananas was ridiculous when compared with a bunch of bananas. I did ace economics!
The screaming from the other room tells me that it’s feeding time. Enjoy the picture of nine month Sniggett.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment