Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ubiquitous Yearly Review

Yes I'm late on the post about Christmas cheer. I blame the hives, the teeth, the moldy wall. Deal. Until then enjoy the narcissistic reflection on 2006.

Stolen from Shannon.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?Ate sushi

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?Can’t really say, as I don’t know where I recorded them if I did make them. Will I make some for this year? Yes

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? You mean, besides me? Yes. Our lives are fuller for all the new little ones. I only wish there were two very important ladies who could have joined us in the birth club this year. Soon, though- for both of them I hope.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no. Miss Princess, my Father-in-law’s yorkie did leave us for the great doggy playground in the sky. She was a good dog and we miss her.

5. What countries did you visit? Not a single one. Mark went to England.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? More patience, more sleep. Also, wine.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 13th-when we told Ethan he’d be having a baby brother. May 11th- Ian’s birthday. Mid-September when we went to visit Gramma and she got to hold Ian for the first time.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth, surviving those first two months of Ian’s life, letting go of some things I had to realize I just couldn’t change.

9. What was your biggest failure? Failing to carry Ian to term. Letting my own insecurities and hurt feelings get in the way of friendship.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Pre-term labor, worsening asthma and the infamous foot mangled by the back door.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Ethan’s toy kitchen.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My brother, Tom, for joining the biker group that protects soldier’s families from the protesting a-holes at funerals. My brother, Adrian, for facing up to a difficult situation and not beating himself up for it.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?My former sister-in-law and her family. Blegh- enough said.

14. Where did most of your money go? Baby stuff, home repairs, hospital bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 7lbs 8 ounces, 19(HA RIGHT- they measured wrong) inches.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Nickelback:"Savin' Me"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? overall, happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner!
c) richer or poorer? About the same finiancially but much richer in relationships and family

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?writing

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?Worrying about things I can’t change.

20. How did you spend Christmas?At home with Mark, the boys, Mamma and Dad. Getting hives ( ugh), cooking good food, sleeping in, and watching Ethan go spastic from joy.

21. What was your favorite TV program? "Battlestar Galactica", "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip": both because of EXCELLENT writing. I wish I had a thousandth of the talent those writers have

22. What did you want and get?A healthy baby boy

23. What did you want and not get?I can’t think of anything personally

24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?I turned 31 and I watched Ethan and Mark make a cake for me. Ethan rubbed my belly for the first time and said “Goodnight baby brother”

25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?A new little baby for two sets of close friends. Having my Pappa meet the great-grandson I named for him.

26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?Maternity/nursing comfortable. Puke covered might be a good description as well.

27. What kept you sane?Mark. Good music. Baby belly laughs.

28. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Friends love you no matter what, but sometimes they are uncomfortably human.

29. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.”I have every reason to be annoyed but secretly I’m hoping I’m just paranoid.” (Hear the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX6ERLV-_Ek&NR )

No comments: