Monday, December 11, 2006

Seven Months of Sniggett


laughing 7 months
Originally uploaded by redamy.
Apparently all Ian wanted for Christmas was a tooth. I’m officially the most clueless mother ever.

Ethan got his first tooth the weekend of Mark and mine’s fourth anniversary. He was almost 8 months old. We dropped him off to stay with Shannon and Ernie while we went to dinner. I told Shannon he’d been acting like he was teething for, oh, 4 months, and that he was sure to be cranky. When we picked him up that night Shannon gave me that look she has that says: “I’m trying very hard to be polite and not call you a flaming idiot. But, really? You’re stupid.” Ethan had a tooth all the way through the gum with another well on its way. I thought nothing could possibly top that.

Yeah right. Less than 4 hours after telling my mother “Yeah he’s been cranky but I have no idea why, there’s not even a sign of a tooth in his mouth”, Ian bit me with his brand new tooth.

Here’s my stupid sign.

In other seven-month-old news, Ian likes to roll. Sure he rolled for his great aunt for the first time way back in September, but that was more of a “Hey look what I can do!” affair. Now he rolls everywhere. He even tries to pull himself forward by gripping the carpet fibers and pulling.

He doesn’t sleep. Ever. Well, maybe for 3 or 4 hours at a time, but certainly not through the night. That would be fascist. Ask him.

Ian loves bananas (IN A JAR) (don’t ask, inside joke), hates peaches and rice cereal and will tolerate sweet potatoes and oatmeal. Most nights he just spits all the “solid” food back at me. It’s ok, it’s not like he needs more calories. He’s growing out of his nine month sized sleepers. Yes, the NINE MONTH SIZES. He’s long, with a big head. Maybe he’s a Martian after-all.

We still call him Snigget, but if that wears off I have a back up nickname. After finding him trying to chew on the power cables for the Christmas tree, I thought “Mynock” was a great name. Only problem is, I don’t think they have teeth.

No comments: