Friday, September 01, 2006

Rainy Days


Rainy Days
Originally uploaded by redamy.
This evening an early-season high pressure system is pulling cold air from the North Atlantic that is impacting with the remnants of Hurricane/Tropical Storm/Tropical Depression/Pain in my Butt Ernesto and causing tight pressure gradients that in turn cause high sustained winds with occasionally hurricane force gusts.

In other words, it is a dark and stormy night.

But earlier it was just a cool and rainy day. In my further studies in “How to be the worst parent ever” I let me child play in the rain.

He asked to play in the rain. I was tired of losing at Candyland and he seemed particularly distraught that Daddy wasn’t home yet. So I was “inclined to acquiesce with his request.”

He loved it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it makes you a great mom. They're only 3 once, and every little kid loves to play in the rain. It's not like you let him out there naked or anything. Gabs loved splashing in the puddles all day yesterday, in her big ladybug boots and raincoat.

Amber said...

I let my kids play in the rain all the time1 And I don't even put then in raincoats. Every kid needs memories of playing in the rain. :)