Yesterday, January 14th, was my birthday. It was a very blustery day- but unlike in my favorite Pooh story, no one's house fell down and there were no strange heffalumps to disturb our sleep.
Mark and Ethan made my cake (click on the picture for more photos) which we are enjoying far too much. Mark also suprised me with a gorgeous present (also pictured).
It was a nice relaxing day at home with my menfolk- all three of them! Everyone keeps asking what I did and seems shocked when I tell them I cleaned off my desk, took a long nap and watched TV. But for me, that is the ideal day. No lists of things to be done, no rushing about meeting deadlines- self-imposed or otherwise.
Our lives will, in a few months, be much fuller and much busier. Spending time just being a family was the best birthday present I've ever received.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment