Mark left April 2nd to start work in California. The boys and I will be here until school is out and the house sells.
I’ve been busy taking care of all the “little” things that needed to be done before the house could go on the market. Those little things included packing up the clutter, moving boxes out of the closets and basement, straightening the garage, having the deck re-painted, having the windows cleaned, cleaning the whole house and… oh yeah, losing my mind. That last part wasn’t hard at all.
We were supposed to have a “preview” showing on Saturday morning. I worked my butt off all day Thursday and Friday trying to get everything ready. The boys and I left the house on Saturday morning with fingers and toes crossed that all would go well. I didn’t hear anything the rest of the day or on Sunday. Today I emailed the realtor to ask if there was any feedback. He responded “We didn’t see the house, the screen door was locked and we couldn’t get in.”
Sigh
The house goes on the market Wednesday. I hope we are ready.
The boys have been alternately sad and bat-shit insane since Mark left. Ethan smarted-off to me while the realtor was here last week. He failed his last spelling test in spectacular fashion. Ian left the house and ran down the street this morning after I specifically forbade him to go outside.
Mark will be home on Wednesday for a long weekend. I can’t wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment