Monday, May 18, 2009

Potty Time

I really hated potty training Ethan, and I had help from his daycare provider. With Ian it’s all on me and I’m not looking forward to the process AT ALL. I’ve been putting it off for any reason I can think of: “He cannot even walk yet!” “He doesn’t talk, how can he tell me when he needs to go?!”

Sadly, I’ve run out of excuses and I’m tired of changing his diaper. So, today we begin the dreaded task. Everyone says the second son is easier. However, this is Ian we’re talking about. He does things on his schedule and the hell with you people and your “norms”, “schedules”, and “ideal ages”.

Wish me luck. Alternately, send bourbon.

Totally unrelated to Potty training:
Ethan fell on Friday and skinned his right knee. The left knee is still healing from the infamous lava-rock cut and trip to the ER. He’s now sporting two huge band-aids, one on each knee. Maybe he’s my son after all. Poor kid.

2 comments:

Rue said...

I'll send bourbon! I'm in the same boat. Miss B. will sit on the potty, but nothing ever happens... not even with the water running! So far she'll tell me "pee! pee!" (but that's when she's peeing, and we're no where near a potty!)

Cheryl said...

Good luck! I don't miss that stage at all!!