Monday, June 30, 2008

HOA=Haven of Asses

Last weekend I exchanged a series of emails with the Homeowners Association regarding our broken garden gate. The week before that I had a frustrating phone call with the same people about a dead azalea. The bush is right in front of our house. I want to dig it up and replace it with another azalea. I received this mind boggling response:
“Well, you have to get written permission and it has to be the same color.”

Right.

While you ponder that bit of idiocy, get this: on Saturday we had a note shoved under our door saying that we were in violation of HOA standards.

1. house numbers missing from back gate
2. need to plant bush to hide cable wires in front of house

Yes, that would be the gate that is shattered right where the numbers hang. Yes, they want me to plant a bush to hide wires but won't let me dig up the dead one without written permission.

Seriously, someone needs to be punched. Hard.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh no!!! These are exactly the reasons we refuse to live anywhere with a HOA. Lack of common sense and clearly too much time on their hands.

Good luck!