I'm home from the hospital now, complete with new scars and, finally, some answers. Turns out my appendix was mostly removed in 2001. It would have been nice if the doctors who did the surgery back then had told me that, rather important, fact.
The searing, knifing, pain that had me in the ER twice in the past week was from endometriosis adhering my organs together. Apparently, that's bad. There was also, probably, a ruptured ovarian cyst somewhere in the mess that was my abdomen.
The main point of this post is: I'm home. I feel better. I feel better even before I take the percocet. I have answers and a plan of how to avoid this situation in the future. And I DEFINITELY don't have an appendix now.
Thank you to everyone for the get well wishes, prayers, and help with the kids. Mark and I greatly appreciate all of the support we've received from near and far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment