Today Ian is 8 months old. He celebrated by biting me- again.
The 4 teeth are his biggest news this month, which is impressive considering this past month included his first Christmas, an introduction to the wonders of mashed potatoes, his first cold, his first mysterious baby fever and the chaos that has been our household the past 30 days or so.
He loves his Christmas toys, but mostly his exersaucer. Some of the other toys are in the closet for now until he can figure out how to sit up in order to play with them. Ian still doesn’t sit up, supported or otherwise for more than a few seconds. He is, however, an impressive roller. He’s rolled all over the lower level of the house. In the past few days he’s start really pushing up with his arms and lifting his head up at a 90 degree angle.
Solid foods are still a challenge. He loves bananas and will tolerate prunes, mashed potatoes, and applesauce. Anything else he gags on and spits back at me. I guess it was too much to ask for to have another child who would eat anything I put in front of him.
The teething has been hard on him so he’s back to waking up every 4 hours. Not surprisingly, I’m back to wearing my pajamas most of the day. Thankfully his reflux only comes in spurts now, so I don’t have to change my clothes more than once or twice a day.
Despite his aversion to bottles and any food that isn’t a banana, Ian is still growing. He’s wearing 12 month sleepers ( with a little room for length and tons for the rest of him) and size 3 diapers.
Click on the picture above for a few Christmas photos. I’ll upload more as I have a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment