Monday, October 30, 2006

Gone batty


cutting bats
Originally uploaded by redamy.
I’ve officially gone batty. My Susie-homemaker dreams have way over-extended my meager home-ec abilities. We’re hosting a Halloween party for the neighborhood kids. I volunteered to be in charge of the cookies.

I have lots of cookie recipes and ideas ripped out of several magazines. The magazine calls for cutting out the bat shapes with a cookie cutter. Now who in the world has a bat shaped cookie cutter. Oh, yeah, SANE people.

Not me. I drew a bat ( ok a very bad bat profile) and cut 24 bats out by hand.

Yes I am really that insane. More pictures of my insanity to follow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good bat, especially for freehand.

Anonymous said...

I agree, that is good, but hon, they had bat cookie cutters at Target.

Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shannon.

NOW you tell me Cheryl

Amber said...

I have a bat cookie cutter and I'm nowhere near SAIN!