Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mmmm fudge

I've been fighting some killer headaches recently. I've tried drinking more water, adding a bit of caffeine back to my diet, and every other cure I could think of. Nothing was helping until I discovered the miracle cure: fudge.

Ethan has been a holy terror this past week. He was actually speaking to me last night instead of screaming incoherently, so when we got home I decided to get my mind off my aching head and do something constructive. I set Ethan up with Dora TV, his zebra, his cigar box, and some walnuts. (Don't ask, you're really better off not hearing about all of that.) Then I was off to make fudge. Fudge, thankfully, is not a two person science project like peanut brittle.

By the time I had finished, the lovely rich smell of chocolate wafting through the house had calmed the terrible Ethan beast, made the husband figure act all dreamy and romantic, and I was actually willing to be in the same company with the two of them.

Fudge cures all ills - and that was before we started eating it!

No comments: