Friday, December 23, 2005

Can I get a do over?

The day started badly and went down hill from there. Ethan and Mark stayed home since Mark is off work for the holidays. Thye were planning a fun day of pancackes and playgrounds while I was leaving for a day of payroll fights and IT conversions.

At lunch I had to go to the mall. Yes, I did procrastinate on getting stocking stuffers, but I also had to pick up Ethan's hat where he and Mark left it at the "mall playground" (It's a giant junglegym/maze that is the mother of all playgrounds to a three year old). Parking was a nerve wracking 30 minutes and then I had to walk a mile to actually get inside.

I did get to leave work early, but that just meant I got to the grocery that much sooner. I swear our Giant has never had more than 4 lanes open at one time. I don't know why they bother having 15 check-out lanes.

I came home and watched Ethan play with Katya. Then I got the bright idea to make toffee for Mark. Toffee, for the blissfully unaware, has to be heated to 300 degrees before being poured into the pan to set. In case you're wondering- yes that's HOT. A tiny speck splattered on your arm hurts. An entire glob landing on your forearm and thumb hurts so badly you scream and cry and scare your toddler to death.

So, yes, one "do over" for this day, please.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Oh OUCH! Was the Toffee good though? :oP