Friday, October 01, 2010

This house, as I've mentioned before, was painted three or four different shades of muddy yellow. We've been busy repainting since the week we moved in, because there is only so long you can look at that color before becoming irritated. I finally finished the kitchen and sitting room in August, but of course I'm just now getting around to showing off my work.

The morning sun coming in that window is very bright, which made my camera over-correct the color. It was never that orange.

See the swath of wall on the far left of this picture? That is the actual color that the wall behind the couch was. This time the color variances in the picture are not the fault of the camera- the room really was painted two different colors (three actually when you count the accent wall).

Speaking of the accent wall... Also, please note the random stacking of all our books.


I do still want to install a glass-tile back-splash, but I'm having trouble finding the tile I want. The paint will work, for now.



The doorway pictured here leads to the laundry room, powder room and the garage. That strange yellow and black box on the wall is our house-wide intercom and music system.
This room is now my favorite room in the house. In the morning the sun streaming in warms up the couch. In the afternoon there's a cool breeze from the windows. The color is so soothing, this is the perfect spot to curl up with one of the bajillion books we own. (Please note that said books are now neatly organized!)

The flowers add just the right touch of color.

I'm hoping to find some colored oil for our oil-lamp, so that it stands out more on the mantle.

Over- color corrected, AGAIN. I had to include this shot, though, so Teresa could recognize the poster that hung in my dorm room and the glass bowl her parents gave us for our wedding.

No comments: