Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Boy pictures

We've been busy entertaining family and getting ready for more family to visit. Here are some pictures from our adventures:


First he was a lazy cowboy at the Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art, in Boulder.


Then he worked the fields at the Centennial Village in Greeley.

Then we put him to work in the silver mines between Georgetown and Silver Plume.


A hard working boy is a HAPPY boy.


Ian learned the joys of the Etch-a Sketch at the Old Louisville Inn.

Predictably, his happiest day involved riding the steam train on the Historic Georgetown Railroad Loop.

This boy loves his trains. He liked the mine all right, but the train ride was the penultimate moment of Granny and Granddaddy's visit.

He cried and wanted to go back on for another ride- RIGHT NOW!

And this I like to call: "Stop taking my picture, Granny! It's COLD up here!"
(We were above the tree line on Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mt. National Park.)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Adorable shots Amy. I'm going to have to go a visiting those places I see. I think the Butterfly Pavilion is on our to-do list this week. Have you been there?

Amy said...

Kim- no we haven't tried that yet. I will add it to our list!