Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easter 2010

We’re still negotiating regarding which of the home inspection items will be corrected before closing, so no new house news today. Instead, I bring you pictures of Gap-tooth and Sniggett on their first Colorado Easter.








We don’t have a church yet, so after having a leisurely breakfast of chocolate bunnies and jellybeans, we piled in the car for a Sunday drive in the mountains.




First we went up US36 through Boulder and into the Roosevelt National Forest on our way to Estes Park.



Once in Estes Park we drove around seeing the town. As we were leaving we saw the famous inhabitants of the town.






We saw two more complete herds of elk on the drive out of town, but I couldn’t snap a picture.




Leaving Estes Park we drove south on CO7 before reaching CO72, also known as the Peak to Peak highway. This church sits right beside the road as you come around a bend. It is literally breath taking. Mt Meeker rises behind the chapel (but unseen in this photo), a mere 13, 865 feet above sea level.


We left the Peak to Peak at Nederland and drove home through Boulder Canyon, as the boys were getting restless and I still had Easter dinner to cook. I hope some of y'all com visit soon, so we can explore together!

No comments: