Ethan turned 5 years old on Saturday, November 3rd. If you’re wondering why it took me so long to post about this, it is because the very idea that I’m the mother of a 5 year old has made my lumbago act up. I don’t even know what lumbago is, but old women always have it in all of the old books I read, so it sounds like a good old-woman disease to have. Much better than the shingles, I’m sure.For Ethan’s birthday we drove to Gatlinburg and stayed in a cabin in the mountains with lots of family. About that adventure I will post in a few days. For now, I give you pictures of the birthday lad, both at the cabin and when we returned home:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/redamy/sets/72157603020971454/
Ethan got many lovely gifts and he is enamored with them all. He’s taken dozens of pictures with his new camera, completed all his puzzles multiple times, played Diego until I’ve begged him to just let the imperiled animals die in peace, and he’s had his Daddy read him a new book before bed every night this week. Ian is also benefiting from all the “phat loot”.
It was a wonderful birthday spent in the warm companionship of family and friends. I don’t think he could have imagined a better birthday, and Ethan has a vast and inventive imagination.
Enjoy the pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment