Thursday, September 06, 2007
The First Day of Pre-School
Today Ethan started at Prince of Peace Lutheran School. This pre-school and kindergarten program came highly recommended by all the neighborhood moms, and we can already see why. We have been warmly welcomed to the program, all of our questions and concerns have been answered promptly and completely, and, most importantly, Ethan loves it! He met his teacher during a brief open house on Tuesday. Since then he has begged, almost hourly, to go back .
Today he woke me up early, begging to have lunch right away so he could go to school. He bounced around the house like a jumping jack while I was trying to get him dressed. He stomped up and down the hall to show off the lights on his new shoes. (They'll never lose the child during a power outage, trust me)
At the door of the school Ethan waited impatiently, and somewhat worried that they weren't ever going to let him in, for the doors to open. When they let us into the classroom he immediately grabbed his teacher's hand and went to find his name tag. He barely paused to hug me goodbye.
When I picked him up he was tired, sweaty, and quiet. When I asked him what he did today he shrugged and said "Stuff". Ah, and so it begins!
After some juice and a cookie he opened up. He told me about playing with the water-table, doing "very hard puzzles" and how the little girl next to him at snack time didn't know the words to Jesus Loves Me. "She didn't eat her food either. I think she's shy. I think she's shy of me, because I'm a big boy now."
Yes, so big I have to stop and hug him every five minutes to keep him from growing up too fast.
Pictures available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redamy/1337517835/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
He looks so so very excited! Glad to hear he had a good first day.
sniffle sniffle
I have tears in my eyes. This is the second time in the last few weeks you have made me teary!!!
Grandma Sandra says:
I am so glad he is loves his school and teacher. They do grow up fast don't they Mark and Amy?
Such a big boy! I'm glad he had such a good first day!
I'm glad he's liking school so much
Post a Comment